The separate seminars of Human Rights Management and Compliance Management are delivered together as a single module in Corporate Responsibility Management II.
Human Rights Management
The relationship between human rights and business is as complex as it is controversial. There is no doubt that business has a serious impact on human rights, historically more adverse than beneficial, but what should the obligations of business to protect human rights be? This seminar of Human Rights Management is designed to foster lively discussions and thought-provoking ideas in respect to your future actions as business leaders.
- Explore the business-human rights nexus with a particular focus on case studies from around the world
- Discuss the ethical, legal and practical questions surrounding Human Rights in groups and on an individual level
- Analyze practical instruments, such as human rights impact assessments and human rights reporting
- Explore potential opportunities of Business and Human Rights Management.
Compliance is of significance for each and every company as a successful and sustainable business means more than financial results. Many enterprises still lack the expertise and sensitivity of the importance and meaning of Compliance. Breaches of the law and illegal irregular behavior very often have unpleasant consequences: severe penalties and negative reputation are to be expected. Yet, Compliance and implementing a compliance management is the ideal way to avoid this.
- Gain comprehensive expertise in the field of compliance
- Discuss the importance of compliance with national and international provisions against the background of detrimental consequences
- Build an understanding of the key issues of how to establish an effective compliance management system
- Learn how to analyses risks correctly and how to install controlling and monitoring mechanisms